Monday 12 July 2010

Lacroix Schweetie






So I was checking my blog email address a couple of weeks back, and the good people of Christian Lacroix had invited me to the presentation of their menswear. In Paris! Alas, I had to go on a press trip when the presentation was on, and not knowing much about Lacroix (except for the obvious Ab Fab references, and some dodgy Xmas accessories i'd seen half a decade ago), so I wasn't too gutted about not making it. Then, they sent me the lookbook (kudos to their PR department for confidence in a good product, there). And isn't it lovely. I've not posted the whole thing - surely you'd get bored? - but the relaxed feel, clever detailing and what seem like quality fabrics certainly piqued my interest more than I was expecting. The nautical, loose cut of the trousers & shorts, and smart jackets contrast nicely, and recall some of the earlier Lanvin menswear collections. The looks are chilled-out and accessorised with espadrilles and louchely-tied scarves, which give the whole collection a summery but smart vibe which I'm definitely loving - and now trying to emulate. Is it a change of direction for what was once seen as a tacky de trop brand? Time will tell, but this is definitely an encouraging start. Now, let's see if I can get some time off for the next Paris Fashion Week...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I usually associate Lacroix with Velvet red and gold? but not a sniff of it in sight, some lovely pieces!

Matthew Spade said...

i'm enjoying the looser look and the dip dye floral shirt

Sarah James said...

All of those outfits are amazing, I actually love them all, brilliant!

Matthew said...

Love the style of both clothes and the hair!

The Heart Of Fashion said...

Love Lacroix! the shirt in the second photo is sooo beautiful!


www.the-heart-of-fashion.blogspot.com

Penny said...

I really like the double-breasted suit jacket, as well as the jacket above it that is paired with the skinny tie .

Brothers Menswear said...

Love the first look.... scarves are hot just now!

Some great articles here.
Keep up the good work!